Privacy Notice for California Residents
Table of Contents
- GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
- Privacy Notice for California Residents
- Pindrop Solutions
Last updated: July 7, 2023
Pindrop is a “business,” as defined by the CCPA for the personal information it collects about California residents such as current and prospective business customer’s contact information and website visitor information. When Pindrop receives personal information from or on behalf of our customers, we are a “service provider” as defined by the CCPA.
Under the CCPA, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. It does not include certain other information or publicly available data as defined by the CCPA. This section does not apply to personal information collected, processed, sold, or disclosed that is subject to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) or the California Financial Information Privacy Act.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT, DISCLOSE, AND SELL OR SHARE
The chart below describes the categories of personal information Pindrop collects, discloses for a business purpose, and “sells” in circumstances where we act as a “business.”
California privacy laws define a “sale” as disclosing or making available to a third-party personal information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, and “sharing” broadly includes disclosing or making available personal information to a third party for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising. While we do not disclose personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may “sell” or “share” (as defined by the CCPA) certain technical information, including identifiers such as IP address and information about your browsing and usage of our services, information about how you interact with our ads and certain analytic and measurement information with third party advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks, and data brokers. We do so in order to improve and evaluate our advertising campaigns and better reach customers and prospective customers with more relevant ads and content.
We do not sell or share any personal information about individuals who we know are under 16 years old.
|Categories of Personal Information
|Do we collect?
|Do we disclose for a business purpose(s)?
|Do we “sell”?
|Categories of Third Parties to whom we may disclose or “sell” this information
|Name, Contact Information, and Other Identifiers: Identifiers such as a real name, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address
|Customer Records: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, signature, education, current employment, employment history
|Purchase History and Tendencies: Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies
|Usage Data: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement, including access logs and other activity information related to your use of any Pindrop websites, applications, or other online services
|Professional or Employment-related Information: Employment history, qualifications, licensing, disciplinary record
|Profiles and Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting a resident’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes
We receive your personal information from you when you visit our website, Pindrop.com (the “Site”), and when you provide it to us directly on that Site.
NOTICE OF CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS
Subject to certain exceptions, California consumers have the following rights:
- Right to Know what personal information the business has collected, sold or shared about the consumer, including:
- the categories of personal information,
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected,
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information,
- the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information, and
- the specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about the consumer.
- Right to Delete. The right to delete personal information that a business has collected from you subject to certain exemptions.
- Right to Correct inaccurate personal information that a business maintains about a consumer.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale/Sharing of Personal Information. California residents have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of their personal information by the business.
- Right to Limit the Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information (“SPI”) by the business if the business uses or discloses SPI for reasons other than those set forth in the CCPA (“SPI Purposes”). Pindrop does not currently use or disclose SPI for reasons other than SPI Purposes; therefore,
this right to limit is not currently available to California residents.
- Right Not to Receive Discriminatory Treatment by the business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA,
including the right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their CCPA rights.
METHODS OF SUBMITTING REQUESTS
- Clicking here or go to https://pindrop.com/privacy/submit-a-request to submit an offline request for sales or sharing
- Emailing us at [email protected] to submit a request to opt-out of offline sales or sharing
- Our Site responds to global privacy control—or “GPC”—signals, which means that if we detect that your browser is communicating a GPC signal, we will process that as a request to opt that particular browser out of sales and sharing (i.e., via cookies and tracking tools) on our Site. Note that if you come back to our Site from a different device or use a different browser on the same device, you will need to opt out (or set GPC for) that browser and device as well. Please note that your use of our Site may still be tracked by us and/or our service providers; however, the GPC signal does opt out your online personal information from your specific browser from being sold or shared with third parties. For more information on the Global Privacy Control, please visit https://globalprivacycontrol.org/.
- In addition, California residents may opt out of “sale” or “sharing” of their online personal information by us by using our cookie preference manager at Cookie Settings to opt-out their specific browser from the third party tags and cookies on our Site. To exercise your right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information offline, please complete our webform.
CONSUMER RIGHTS VERIFICATION PROCESS
When you submit your request, we will take steps to attempt to verify your identity. We will seek to match the information in your request to the personal information we maintain about you. As part of our verification process, we may ask you to submit additional information, use identity verification services to assist us, or, if you have created an account, we may ask you to sign in to your account as part of our identity verification process.
Authorized agents can make requests on behalf of California residents via the Methods of Submitting Requests section above. Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization, and we may also require the relevant individual to directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
This notice is current as of the Effective Date below. We may change this notice from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this notice on our Site. If we make any changes to this notice that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy policies and information practices or would like to request prior versions of Pindrop’s privacy statements, please contact us via email at [email protected].