Principal DevOps EngineerApply
Principal DevOps Engineer
Who we are
As human beings, one of our fundamental identifiers is our voice. Pindrop’s advanced voice identity technology recognizes this distinct and unique human quality with the kind of precision and certainty that’s needed when information or access is essential. From preventing fraud in call centers to obtaining information from smart devices and even activating cars, Pindrop lets people use their voice to quickly and privately connect to, enter, and unlock their world. At Pindrop, we hire great people and we take care of them. All we do is guided by our Core Values: Audaciously Innovate, Evangelical Customers for Life, Execution Excellence, Win as a Company, Make a Difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop has raised over $223M in capital by premier VCs including Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
Pindrop’s DevOps teams work to make our infrastructure and core systems so good, reliable, automated, monitored and performant that our engineers can focus on building innovative global products that are changing the world without having to think about what is running them. We are a dynamic and high energy team with immense collaboration and an unrelenting passion for reliability and scalability. If uptime and automation are part of your personal core belief system, the Pindrop DevOps teams are where you need to be!
What you’ll do
- Design, document, build, maintain, and support a wide array of complex infrastructure and services
- Own key components of our deployment pipeline and operational infrastructure
- Work on multiple assignments at once, collaborate with the larger teams to establish and use best practices
- Analyze performance/usability challenges and propose innovative solutions to solve them
- Proactively enhance monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities
- Look at every manual process and find ways to automate/code it into a highly reliable and reportable system
- Automate software deployment processes and continuously improve our CI/CD posture
- Mature our processes from ad-hoc to optimized
- Take complex systems and make them seem boring because they are so reliable
Who you are
- You “wear many different hats”, juggle multiple priorities, context shift quickly, and thrive in an environment where you don't have a strictly defined job definition
- You have the ability to understand hardware/software/cloud platforms from the ground up, become a subject matter expert on it, and have the ability to troubleshoot, configure, and repair the platform
- You make relevant, specific, and high value recommendations to the design or implementation of a platform. This includes categories such as automation, features, security, manageability, etc.
- You are very self motivated and work with minimal supervision
- You see a problem, own it, solve it, and do it
- You have a passion for technology and are constantly researching new/emerging solutions
- You are not afraid to dig into technology you’ve never used before, work on high value systems, or racking servers if that is what is needed to be done
- Have the ability to troubleshoot a problem and then teach the team/company on your findings
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under-promise and over-deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
- Prior startup experience required
- On-call rotation with occasional night/weekend work is required
- Redhat/CentOs/Ubuntu linux administration experience
- Experience with Chef/Ansible/Terraform/Packer/Helm/Flux
- Scripting expertise, preferably Python and Bash
- Knowledge of some or all of our toolset: Jenkins/Github Actions, Github, Nginx, VMWare/Proxmox, Splunk, ELK, Artifactory, DataDog, containers, etc
- Experience working with many AWS/GCE infrastructure services such as EC2, RDS, S3, EIP, NLB, Route53, Kubernetes, and more
- Experience with networking concepts within firewall, switch, and router configuration including: VLANs, DNS, VPNs, BGP, ACLs, etc.
- Demonstrated experience identifying security vulnerabilities with the associated ability to remediate them in a timely manner
- MySQL/MariaDB experience in both building highly available systems as well as writing complex queries
- Demonstrated history working within a distributed architecture and CI/CD best practices
- Telephony infrastructure experience a plus
What’s in it for you:
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest (no joke…nearly 1 in 3 Pindrop employees has a Ph.D.). We’re a passionate group committed to excellence – but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
- Within 30 days you’ll
- Be introduced to your team, colleagues, added to any standing meetings such as 1:1’s, standups, weekly touchpoints.
- Be onboarded, accounts created, access verified
- Begin getting familiar with our different products, services, workflows, deployments, and environments.
- Within 60 days you’ll
- Understand expectations for the team, and be able to start planning for development and contributing to projects.
- Begin submitting and reviewing PRs
- Within 90 days you’ll
- Have an intermediate level of familiarity with many of the products and services architecture to start making technical decisions while maintaining the team's architectural methodology.
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from – including an employer-provided “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave – Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Identity protection through Norton LifeLock
- Remote-first culture with opportunities for in-person team events
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate – We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life – We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence – We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company – Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference – Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.