Matt Haff is a UX Developer here at Pindrop. Matt works with our customers to determine how Pindrop can continue to improve our UX. He helps to prioritize UI changes and make sure that the engineering team has what they need to get the job done.
1. Why Pindrop?
- Pindrop is doing some really amazing things that are helping to shape the future and make it a safe/secure place for others. I work with some of the smartest people I know, and I’m always learning/expanding my skillset.
2. What is your favorite part about your role/Pindrop?
- I get to help shape the UI of our applications; working hand-in- hand with our customers and stakeholders to deliver a great product that people love to work with.
3. What is your professional background?
- I’ve been a front-end developer for over 10 years
4. What is your favorite thing about Atlanta?
- All the really interesting things to do, and the awesome places to grab a bite within walking distance of the office.
5. Interesting fact about you
- I’ve always been fascinated with Japanese culture, food, art, etc. I’ve never been but I’m planning to go for my first time this year!
- I’m a Doctor Who fan, and I cosplay as the 10 th Doctor.
6. What is your favorite lunch/coffee spot?
- Cypress Pint & Plate, outdoor seating with a great selection of beer.
7. What is your favorite snack in the break room?
- Coconut Water
8. Top 3 hobbies outside of work
- Foodie – I enjoy cooking, trying new restaurants, etc.
- Video Games – Primarily Portal 2 & Mario Kart
- Cars – I’m a member of Atlanta S550s, more than 400 members with 6 th Gen Mustangs. Track days, mod days, photo-shoots, etc.
9. How are you using your educational budget?
- This year I attended SmashingConf in San Francisco, which covered a wide range of topics in a great venue.
- I also attended the Owner Summit to learn more about processes & tools, creating a culture of empowerment, scoping & estimating, and how to join up with other teams.
- CSSDevConf is coming up in October, and I look forward to learning much more about UX, Performance and Testing.
10. If you could be any Star Wars character, who would you be and why?
- R2D2 – He can be really useful, a total smart aleck, and he’s seen it all.