Dennis Fisher talks with David Dewey, director of research at Pindrop, about the data in the 2016 Phone Fraud Report. Since 2013 there has been a 45 percent increase in phone fraud and now more than one in every 2,000 calls to corporate call centers is fraudulent. This kind of fraud is costing business as much as $27 million a year. Dewey talks about the factors driving this boom in phone fraud and how businesses are dealing with it.
Written by: Mike Yang
- Evaluating Your Defense Strategy Against Deepfakes: Top 4 Factors to Prioritize
- Unmatched Performance: Pindrop’s Liveness Detection and the Waterloo Study
- Exposing the Truth About Zero-Day Deepfake Attacks: Meta’s Voicebox Case Study
- IVR/IVA Authentication Methods
- Real-time Deepfake Detection of Senator Bluementhal’s Remarks at AI Committee