Fraudsters are using AI to attack your call center. Fight back with smart caller authentication from Pindrop on Google Cloud
In today’s complex threat environment, businesses must navigate a delicate balancing act of delivering engaging, timely, and relevant customer experiences while ensuring these interactions are highly secure. This has become incredibly challenging with the rise of artificial intelligence (AI), which lets malicious actors create more sophisticated and convincing fraud schemes. AI can be used to generate fake caller ID numbers, create realistic-looking phishing emails, and even impersonate real customer service representatives.
Organizations need to fight fire with fire by deploying secure, automated threat mitigation solutions that empower them to remain nimble in today’s ever-changing fraud landscape. These solutions must allow them to tackle threats without sacrificing the agility they need to improve customer and employee experiences.
Pindrop, in partnership with Google Cloud, offers exactly that through a suite of voice authentication solutions, providing a combination of security, scalability, and ease-of-use. Pindrop’s anti-fraud platform enable a frictionless authentication process that crosses channels and maintains higher account security.
The challenge: AI makes fraudsters harder to beat
The rise of AI brings new threat vectors, enabling fraudsters to leverage this technology to create deepfakes that pose a threat to vulnerable customer service processes. Even human-staffed call centers are no longer immune. AI makes familiar and novel threats more targeted, powerful, and challenging to detect, including:
- Concession abuse which defrauds online retailers through the systematic abuse of their return policies or the exploitation of loopholes in company protocols.
- Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that overwhelm call center systems with traffic, making them unable to function correctly.
- Ransomware which is malware that encrypts a victim’s files and demands a ransom payment to decrypt them.
- Social engineering that uses AI to gather personal information about call center employees for phishing attacks or other types of fraud.
- Voice phishing, also known as vishing, that tricks victims into giving up personal information or making payments using voice to create a sense of legitimacy.
- SIM swapping which gives attackers access to the victim’s phone number to reset passwords, intercept text messages, and make unauthorized calls and payments.
Pindrop on Google Cloud to the rescue
Pindrop and Google Cloud come together to combat these and other security threats to help organizations safeguard privacy, prevent fraud, and deliver exceptional customer experiences across multiple channels. Google Cloud provides a secure-by-design cloud foundation enabling Pindrop to speed up innovation, scale new machine learning (ML) applications and analytics, and deliver the modern fraud capabilities that organizations need to stay one step ahead of threat actors.
Using Pindrop on Google Cloud, organizations can access multi-factor fraud detection and intelligence which uses a combination of best-in-class audio, voice, metadata, and AI technologies. This delivers more robust threat prevention and detection to close security gaps common to Contact-Center-as-a-Service (CCaaS) platforms and knowledge-based authentication (KBA) featuring dynamic, real-time, and context-aware security.
Organizations can automate fraud detection and prevention throughout their call lifecycle by combining Pindrop’s integrated AI and ML capabilities with Google Cloud Contact Center AI (CCAI). These capabilities drive greater investigative efficiency as call centers handle an ever-growing volume of fraud cases. They can also potentially help organizations avoid millions of dollars in fraud-related losses.
Here’s how Pindrop drives value:
- Reduces phone fraud with an 80% true detection rate (TDR) to close the gap on the weakest security link and reduce omnichannel fraud exposure costs.
- Authenticates customers efficiently. Reduces average handle time (AHT) by 30-60 seconds per call, expedites service for good callers, and eliminates cumbersome knowledge-based authentications (KBA).
- Enhances interactive voice response (IVR) and agent performance by increasing IVR containment by 5+% and better enabling enhanced self-service options in the IVR.
- Protects your brand by leveraging a reputation for safety to improve CSAT scores and avoid related negative press.
Google Cloud customers can easily integrate Pindrop into their contact center operations to deliver more dynamic customer and employee experiences, effectively address fraud, and better protect all the valuable data they collect. They can also access future-ready capabilities that allow them to differentiate themselves on security, performance, and reliability — whether they’re a large financial services institution (FSI) that serves millions of customers or a regional credit union whose mission is to serve small and mid-sized businesses.
Visit our partner page to learn more about the Pindrop Anti-Fraud and Authentication Platform on Google Cloud or request a demo.