Staff Software Engineer (Backend Golang)Apply
Staff Software Engineer – Passport (Authentication)
Who we are
As human beings, one of our fundamental identifiers is our voice. Pindrop’s advanced voice identity technology recognizes this distinct and unique human quality with the kind of precision and certainty that’s needed when information or access is essential. From preventing fraud in call centers to obtaining information from smart devices and even activating cars, Pindrop lets people use their voice to quickly and privately connect to, enter, and unlock their world. As AI fraud is on the rise, our cutting-edge fraud detection software is the key to stopping deepfake attacks. Pindrop is dedicated to continuously innovating solutions to detect and mitigate the risks posed by synthetic audio—fortifying trust and integrity between us and those we serve. At Pindrop, we hire great people and we take care of them. All we do is guided by our Core Values: Audaciously Innovate, Evangelical Customers for Life, Execution Excellence, Win as a Company, Make a Difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop is backed by world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
What you’ll do
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in the development and maintenance of software applications and systems. You will be responsible for leading and contributing to complex software projects, providing technical expertise, and mentoring junior engineers. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to deliver high-quality software solutions. You will expand solution capabilities, implement new features driven by technological innovation that will lead the voice security market and gain tremendous experience as you work with high caliber engineers. More specifically, you will:
- Software Development: Design, develop, test, and maintain our complex software applications, ensuring high-quality code and adherence to best practices. Play a critical role in the development and maintenance of our software products by designing, building, evolving, and scaling state-of-the-art solutions for our Pindrop Authentication platform.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior engineers and the development team, including code reviews, architecture decisions, and mentoring. Be an influencer within our team.
- Architecture and Design: Contribute to the design and architecture of software systems, ensuring scalability, maintainability, and performance
- Problem Solving: Analyze and solve complex technical problems, and make recommendations for improvements and optimizations.
- Collaboration: Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including Product Owners, Architects, and platform users, to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions. to design, deliver, and deploy high-quality features.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and advocate for best practices in testing and quality assurance, including unit testing, integration testing, and automated testing.
- Documentation: Drive platform user adoptions through documentation, presentations and demos as well as technical specifications and API documentation.
- Code Review: Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality and consistency.
- Research and Innovation: Stay current with emerging technologies, tools, and programming languages and apply them where relevant to improve software development processes as well as work with Research scientists and other backend engineers to productionize Machine learning models for scale and consumed by other teams.
- Project Management: Assist in project planning, estimation, and prioritization of tasks, ensuring timely delivery of software projects.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure software adheres to security standards and compliance requirements, addressing vulnerabilities and potential risks.
Who you are
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under-promise and over-deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
- You are a strong problem-solver with excellent analytical skills.
- You are an owner and enjoy taking on project leadership as well as mentorship
- You aren’t afraid to tackle UI issues
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator
- 6-10 Years of Software engineering experience
- Current and or recent programming experience in Golang required, additionally Python is preferred.
- A strong understanding of software design principles, software architecture and design patterns as well as software development best practices, including testing, version control, and continuous integration.
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Relational and NOSQL databases
- Experience with cloud computing environments, especially AWS and GCP and container-based deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and RabbitMQ is a plus.
- Experience in monitoring and performance analysis of Enterprise platforms using tech stacks and tools such as Datadog, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus etc. is a plus.
- Experience with UI development is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest. We’re a passionate group committed to excellence – but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
Within 30 days you’ll
- Complete onboarding and attend New Employee Orientation sessions with other new Pindroppers
- Onboard in the Authentication Team
- 1:1s with all the team members
- Get started with your first project, first PR merged
Within 60 days you’ll
- Be a part of sprint planning and contribute to the smaller tasks to fix existing issues
- Be a part of triaging only the most important issues for the team to be focusing on
- Add small features to our Passport Pipeline.
Within 90 days you’ll
- Fully acclimated with the team
- Be able to pick up any task that comes out of sprint planning
- Be able to design the workflow to productionize any Passport model
- Teach us something new
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from – including an employer-provided “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave – Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Identity protection through Norton LifeLock
- Remote-first culture with opportunities for in-person team events
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate – We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life – We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence – We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company – Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference – Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.