Senior Software Engineer (MLOps)Apply
Senior Software Engineer (MLOps)
Who we are
Are you passionate about innovating at the intersection of technology and personal security? At Pindrop, we recognize that the human voice is a unique personal identifier, increasingly susceptible to sophisticated fraud, including the threat of deepfakes. We're leading the way in developing cutting-edge authentication, fraud prevention, and deepfake detection. Our mission is to provide seamless and secure digital experiences, safeguarding the most personal aspect of our identity: our voice. Here, you'll be part of a team driven by values of Innovation, Customer Advocacy, Excellence, and Impact. We're not just creating a safer digital landscape by fortifying trust and integrity with those we serve, we’re also building a dynamic, supportive workplace where your contributions make a real difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop is backed by world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in the development and maintenance of software applications and systems. You will be responsible for leading and contributing to complex software projects, providing technical expertise, and mentoring junior engineers. You will expand capabilities, bring new solutions to market. As a member of the MLOps team you will be responsible for systems which train models and produce predictions.
More specifically, you will:
- Software Development: Design, develop, test, and maintain our complex software applications, ensuring high-quality code and adherence to best practices. Play a critical role in the development and maintenance of our software products by designing, building, evolving, and scaling state-of-the-art solutions for our Pindrop platform.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior engineers and the development team, including code reviews, architecture decisions, and mentoring.
- Architecture and Design: Contribute to the design and architecture of software systems, ensuring scalability, maintainability, and performance
- Problem Solving: Analyze and solve complex technical problems, and make recommendations for improvements and optimizations.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and advocate for best practices in testing and quality assurance, including unit testing, integration testing, and automated testing.
- Code Review: Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality and consistency.
- Research and Innovation: Stay current with emerging technologies, tools, and programming languages and apply them where relevant to improve software development processes.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure software adheres to security standards and compliance requirements, addressing vulnerabilities and potential risks.
- Design and implement cloud solutions, build MLOps on cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Build CI/CD pipelines orchestration by GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Circle CI, Airflow or similar tools
- Data science model review: run code and refactor, optimize, containerize, deploy, version, and monitor its quality
- Validate and add automated tests for Data Science models
- Work closely with a team of researchers and data scientists to productionize and document research innovations
Who you are
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under-promise and over-deliver
- You are a strong problem-solver with excellent analytical skills.
- You are an owner and enjoy taking on project leadership as well as mentorship
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator
- Must Have
- 5-7 Years of Software engineering experience
- Experience with cloud computing environments, especially AWS and container-based deployment using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with python 2-3 years minimum
- Experience operating services in production environments
- A strong understanding of software design principles, software architecture and design patterns as well as software development best practices, including testing, version control, and continuous integration
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform or AWS CDK
- Experience in monitoring and performance of Production platforms using tech stacks and tools such as Datadog, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus
- Participation in on-call rotation required
- Nice to Have
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks and libraries such as XGBoost, SciKit-Learn, H2O, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Spark MLlib
- Experience with leading industry Machine Learning tools and operation frameworks such as MLflow, Kubeflow, Airflow, Seldon Core, TFServing
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- CI/CD pipelines using tools such as GIT, Jenkins.
What’s in it for you:
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest. We’re a passionate group committed to excellence – but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
- Complete onboarding and attend New Employee Orientation sessions with other new Pindroppers
- Onboard in the MLOps Team
- 1:1s with all the team members
- Get started with your first project, first PR merged
- Be a part of planning and contribute to the smaller tasks to fix existing issues
- Be a part of triaging only the most important issues for the team to be focusing on
- Add small features/resolve tech debt for the MLOps team
- Fully acclimated with the team
- Be able to pick up any task that comes out of sprint planning
- Be able to design enhancements to the ML platform
- Teach us something new
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 company-wide rest days in 2024 where the entire company rests and recharges!
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from – including one employer-paid “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave – Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Identity protection through Norton LifeLock
- Remote-first culture with opportunities for in-person team events
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate – We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life – We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence – We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company – Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference – Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.