Senior Network EngineerApply
Who We Are
As human beings, one of our fundamental identifiers is our voice. Pindrop’s advanced voice identity technology recognizes this distinct and unique human quality with the kind of precision and certainty that’s needed when information or access is essential. From preventing fraud in call centers to obtaining information from smart devices and even activating cars, Pindrop lets people use their voice to quickly and privately connect to, enter, and unlock their world. As AI fraud is on the rise, our cutting-edge fraud detection software is the key to stopping deepfake attacks. Pindrop is dedicated to continuously innovating solutions to detect and mitigate the risks posed by synthetic audio—fortifying trust and integrity between us and those we serve. At Pindrop, we hire great people and we take care of them. All we do is guided by our Core Values: Audaciously Innovate, Evangelical Customers for Life, Execution Excellence, Win as a Company, Make a Difference.
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of network services. You will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with internal teams to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
Who You Are
- You have the ability to understand hardware/software/cloud networking platforms from the ground up, become a subject matter expert on it, and have the ability to troubleshoot, configure, and repair the platform
- You have demonstrated the ability to make relevant, specific, and high value recommendations to the design or implementation of a platform. This includes categories such as automation, features, security, manageability, etc
- Startup experience is preferred. The candidate must possess the ability to “wear many different hats”, juggle multiple priorities and context shift quickly
- Very self motivated and work with minimal supervision
- See a problem, own it, solve it, do it
- You have a passion for technology and are constantly researching new/emerging solutions
- Not afraid to dig into technology you’ve never used before, work on high value systems, or racking servers if that is what is needed to be done
- Be part of an on-call rotation with occasional night/weekend work
- Have the ability to troubleshoot a problem and then teach the team/company on your findings
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network hardware and operating systems.
- Working knowledge of telephony systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience working with many AWS/GCE networking infrastructure services
- Experience with networking with firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Demonstrated experience identifying security vulnerabilities with the associated ability to remediate them in a timely manner
- MySQL/MariaDB experience in both building highly available systems as well as writing complex queries
- Demonstrated history working within a distributed architecture and CI/CD best practices
- Telephony infrastructure experience a plus
What’s in it for you:
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest. We’re a passionate group committed to excellence – but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from – including an employer-provided “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave – Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Remote-first culture with opportunities for in-person team events
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro (PC to be coming soon)
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate – We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life – We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence – We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company – Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference – Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.